So he did it again, pillaged my closet and found a new shirt. This one lasted until last year and was in really bad shape until he took a pair of scissors to it and shredded it. I was able to recover a few small pieces of it.
Thought we had finally outgrown the shirt phase until last summer when he discovered a shirt I had bought at Old Navy that I was going to return. No such luck, he had it out of the bag and said, "Hmm, I like this shirt." I knew there was no getting it back from him after that. It is now torn and in bad shape as well, so he has started rummaging my closet in search of a new one.
(Shirt #3, pretty much torn in two.)
So not wanting to surrender my wardrobe again (he had already tried to find a replacement) I decided to take him to the fabric store and let him pick out his own fabric for a new shirt. He picked a minky dinosaur print and I sewed him new "shirt" last night. It's in the shape of a shirt, but it's just 2 pieces of fabric sewn together. I am so hoping the ends his confiscation of my clothes. He kept telling me today how much he loves his new shirt and how soft it is and that he doesn't need the old ones anymore. I hope so, for my closet's sake. :)
He picked a good one, I can tell! Love the print. That was a good idea, I just want to see it on him! Cute little Taterman...
ReplyDelete